Thursday, May 8, 2008

May 7, 2008



Whew! All that delicious food last night did me in. Something I ate along the way made me sick! I was sick all night long into the morning and couldn’t get out of the bathroom to go to clinical. Bad day.

I started feeling better that night and was able to attend the LDS Temple here in Ecuador. It was an amazing experience. What a beautiful sight for these poverty stricken people. It was the last of the big temples built when President Hinckley was alive. The temple is magnificently large and glows among all the trash and shanty homes. A guard protects the tall iron temple gates. I felt the spirit so strongly and was brought to tears as I witnessed the strength of the members here. What a joy to see them love the Lord in His very house.

There is a lot of sadness here. I think I cry every day. But, there is also hope. I have seen the worst deaths and the best miracles. I suppose I am beginning to truly understand the scripture that explains opposition in all things. The Lord loves his people. We are all his people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beautifully said. That is so neat that you were able to see the Ecuador Temple. Lucky :)