Sunday, May 11, 2008


Premies here can't be saved before 31 weeks, generally. This is me with a 34 weeker. He is tiny. Some of the babies are so tiny their skin barely covers their protruding ribs. It is a sad sight... but there is good care here.


This little girl has lupus. She is in one of the Davita Dialysis rooms. She is waiting for a kidney transplant and has not be picked yet. One of the other students and I were joking together and I grabbed his arm... she immediately made sure I knew that she didn't hit people and in this country they don't believe in abuse. How cute! She will change the world one day.

In front of the Gilbert hospital. The sun is brutal!


This is my sweet ring buddy! Viva!

2 comments:

The Parks Family said...

That is so sad for the premie babies. My girls would have just made it. They were 31 weeks and four days. Take care and try to keep cool.

The Youngs said...

It breaks my heart!!